How can I get high rankings in Google Local Search ?
Richard Geasey exposes local search secrets in his book, Get Found Now, where he and Co-Author Shannon Evans reveal how to achieve high rankings in Google, Yahoo, and Bing. It is available on Amazon.com.
I have implemented some of the ideas in his book for outstanding results in my local area.
YOU can get his book here:
Get Found Now! Local Search Secrets Exposed: Learn How to Achieve High Rankings in Google, Yahoo and Bing
Here is an excerpt from one of his recent articles on
Achieving Local Search Success – How to Avoid Problem Listings
Every business wants to stand out by ranking well when a potential customer or client does an Internet search. Local search is now becoming the normal way potential clients and customers find a business to purchase goods and services from. In fact over 65% of potential customers and clients use the Internet to find local goods and services.
It is possible to lose some points in the game. The good news is you’re not likely to do everything wrong, or even come close if you follow the steps above and avoid the ones coming.
- Keyword Spamming- Keyword spamming is the overuse of your selected keywords. I have seen listings where the description and the categories are just keywords strung together. First, the search engines don’t like this and penalize you. Second, it looks and sounds stupid. Remember, you are trying to impress a potential new client or customer so do so.
- Multiple Addresses On Your Contact Page- If you have a number of locations create a separate contact page for each. Be sure to create keyword rich URLs and title meta tags as discussed earlier.
- Negative Reviews- Negative reviews are not likely to hurt you in regards to your ranking success, however they may be a turn off for your potential clients and customers.
- Exclusive Use of Toll Free Numbers On the Contact Page- It is very helpful to add a local number to your contact page(s) instead of just a tool free number. The local number adds, well a local flavor.
- Multiple Local Business Listings With the Same Business Name- Now this is a big negative and is clearly spam. Ensure you have only one listing for each legitimate location. Any more and it is clearly out of line and deserves a negative impact.
- Exclusive Use of a PO Box- This is a difficult situation. For a variety of reasons you may only have a PO Box. If you are in that situation and you are not using an official USPS PO Box then call your PO Box a suite number.
- Multiple Local Business Listings With Same Address and Phone Number- This is another harmful situation, however it can be problematic where you use a shared office situation. It appears that as long as the listings with similar addresses are not all yours then you are OK. If you are doing the work for other companies consider having different accounts for each listing.
I talked to Richard in a recent BizChatz Radio interview where he shares some of the secrets found in his book. It is about a 20 minute interview you can hear now.
Receive complimentary instant access to the replay.
Thank You and don’t forget to check your email if you are a new subscriber to BizChatz.
If you like this article, please +1 and share it with others…